The Mustang Messenger

Ansley Rice Human Interest

Kaitlyn Craig, Columnist and Human Interest Coordinator

McCracken County High School has some very interesting and very special people that are a part of Mustang Nation. Most of the time the people who are recognized are senior students. But this month is different. This month we are recognizing the sweet, talented, athletic junior girl named Ansley Rice.

Unlike many high school students, Ansley is a part of all kinds of departments here at MCHS. Ansley is a part of All-Girl Cheer, the Theatre department, advanced dance, varsity choir, and she is in the spring musical here at McCracken this year, Hello, Dolly! When she is not doing these things, she enjoys going to church, hanging out with friends, being with her family, and going to the gym, her favorite hobbies are doing makeup and going shopping. She does all of these things while still keeping up her grades as well, which is very impressive. When asked about what she’s thinking about doing as a career, Ansley answered, “As of right now, I want to be a cosmetologist or surgical tech.” She also mentioned that her biggest inspiration in her life is her father Dr. Shawn Rice.

Ansley is also one of the sweetest people I have personally ever met. I have known her since I was in fourth grade and she was in third, and she has only gotten more of a people person and more sweet the older she has gotten. If you know Ansley, you know that if you ever need anyone to talk to, or ever need any help, she is always there for you. Some other interesting things about Ansley include her brother who is in 6th grade at Heath Middle School, her dog named Oreo and her cat named Coconut, and her passion for singing. Ansley is a great addition to Mustang Nation and she is definitely a great friend to have!